SCOTTIE PIPPEN, JET TILA AND JENNIFER STOJKOVIC TO BE FEATURED AT THE WESTERN FOODSERVICE & HOSPITALITY EXPO NEXT WEEK IN LOS ANGELES
Trade Show and Conference to Offer Dozens of Networking and Education Opportunities at LA Convention Center August 28 – 30, 2022
LOS ANGELES, CA, August 24, 2022 – The Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo and Coffee Fest Los Angeles opens on Sunday, August 28 at the Los Angeles Convention Center, for the first time since 2019. The Clarion Events Food & Beverage Group, producers of the shows, have been busy these past three years, creating and developing new initiatives to enhance education programs, networking opportunities and product sourcing. Both events will be held Sunday, August 28 – Tuesday, August 30 and one badge will grant attendees access to both events. Highlights of the events include a keynote presentation featuring NBA veteran Scottie Pippen and award presentations to Chef Jet Tila and food tech leader Jennifer Stojkovic.
“We are thrilled to be back in Los Angeles and are looking forward to welcoming thousands of food and beverage industry professionals and hundreds of exhibitors to both the Western Foodservice Expo and Coffee Fest. For the first time we will be offering the New Food & Beverage Academy, the umbrella education platform for all education including four Education Summits focused on independents, multi-units, foodservice and technology and Coffee Fest Education offering sessions for new startups, up and running coffee shop, roasters and baristas,” said Rita Ugianskis, Vice President, Clarion Events Food & Beverage Group.
“There will also be several networking opportunities in the New Town Square, a space in the exhibit hall at the intersection of Coffee Fest and the Western Foodservice Expo which will feature a concierge, MATCH meetings, informal networking, a Podcast Pavilion, and a space to continue the conversation following education sessions. And of course, there will be product sourcing throughout the exhibit halls featuring technology, global cuisine, healthy foods, bar innovation, Food Trends, Gourmet Way, and much more,” Ugianskis added.
In addition to the education offered through the Food & Beverage Academy, attendees will also have the chance to experience fun and inspiring culinary demonstrations, award presentations, panel discussions, paid workshops, and food, beverage and coffee competitions outlined below:
SUNDAY, AUGUST 28th – Exhibit Hall Open 11:00am – 5:00pm
- Coffee Fest Latte Art World Championship Open This exciting 64 competitor, bracket style, sudden death format features head-to-head competition as “a match” between the competitors. (Starts at 10:00 am each day in the Competition Venue in the Exhibit Hall)
- Culinary Demonstration by Chef Mareya Ibrahim, an award-winning entrepreneur, chef, and author of the new book, “Eat Like You Give a Fork: The Real Dish on Eating to Thrive” and co-inventor of the patented Eatcleaner line of products. (11:30 – 12:15 am on Center Stage
- Presentation of the Torch Award to Chef Jet Tila and Cooking Demonstration – Chef, Author, TV Personality will also sign copies of his new book 101 Thai Dishes You Need to Cook Before You Die. Chef Jet’s culinary operations includes VP Culinary of Pei Wei Group 148 restaurants & Managing Partner Dragon Tiger Noodle Co in Las Vegas. (12:30 pm – Center Stage)
- Presentation of the New Humanitarian Spotlight Award to Restaurants Care a relief fund for California food and beverage workers operated by the California Restaurant Foundation. This nonprofit organization serves the people at the heart of restaurants since 1981. For the last five years, Restaurants Care has been providing stability grants to those in our community facing injury, illness, natural disaster, housing disaster, or death in the family. Following the award presentation, Restaurant Cares will present an enlightening panel on why supporting the restaurant community is vital. (12:30 pm – Center Stage)
- Coffee Fest US Cold Brew Championships is a brand-new competition where cold brewers present a still cold brew and prepare a signature cold brew drink to the judges. (1:00 pm – 3:00 pm Sunday & Monday in the Competition Venue)
- Wine, Whiskey and Winning Keynote Presentation featuring Scottie Pippen – This must-attend keynote will be set up as a panel discussion between Dave Phinney, Napa wine legend and creative mastermind behind Savage & Cooke Distillery, and Scottie Pippen, NBA veteran and world champion, and will be moderated by Nightlife & Hospitality Expert, Art Sutley. (1:30 – 2:15 pm – Center Stage)
- Raise The Bar: Building the Right Team & Cocktail Menus to Keep Your Customers Thirsty for More, presented by The Super Squad – Seminar will include discussion, demonstrations, and deep dives into menu creation from top experts in the hospitality industry, (2:30 – 3:30 pm – Center Stage)
- Hip Sip: Battle of the Modern Bartender Competition – Bourbon Competition. This year’s theme will feature the celebrity guest judge, Scottie Pippen’s Digits Bourbon. Each competitor will be crafting a cocktail using Digits Bourbon. (3:30 – 5:00 pm – Center Stage).
MONDAY, AUGUST 29th – Exhibit Hall Open 11:00am – 5:00pm
- Pitch the Press – Hear about the most intriguing new products, services, and trends selected by members of the industry media. (11:00 am – Town Square)
- Culinary Demonstration by Shaun O’Neale, a world-recognized chef currently residing in Las Vegas, NV. A former DJ, Shaun was crowned Season 7 Champion of MasterChef on FOX in 2016 and completed his first cookbook in 2017 titled “My Modern American Table”. (11:30 am – Center Stage)
- Presentation of the Beacon Award and Culinary Demonstration with Jennifer Stojkovic, a food-tech leader, founder of Vegan Women Summit (VWS), and author of The Future of Food is Female. VWS is a global media and events platform focused on empowering women to build a kinder, more sustainable world. VWS produces The Vegan Women Summit flagship conference, VWS Pathfinder, the world’s only pitch competition for women founders in the plant-based and animal-free industry, and VWS Connect, the industry’s food-tech job networking series. (1:30 pm – Center Stage)
- Culinary Demonstration with Chef Melissa Cottingham – Chef Mel believes that the best way to learn about a culture is to join them in their kitchen. Raised in Memphis, Tennessee she began cooking alongside her mother at the age of twelve, but recently unlocked that young passion and made it a career. She is currently a private chef and owner of a pop-up restaurant called Melnificent Wingz. (2:30 pm – Center Stage)
- Rapid Fire Challenge Sandwich Edition, in honor of August being National Sandwich Month, will feature chefs who will present their favorite and most creative sandwiches to be judged by Emily Nordee Rogers, Melissa Cottingham and Shaun O’Neale. (3:30 pm – 5:00 pm – Center Stage).
TUESDAY, AUGUST 30th – Exhibit Hall Open 11:00am – 4:00pm
- San Francisco Wine School is proud to host this special session of Responsible Beverage Service (RBS) Training in conjunction with the California Restaurant Association. Registrants will also receive Free Show Admission. (8:30 am – 12:30 pm)
- Culinary Demonstration with Chef Lauren Lawless who has been living by her motto of inspiring the world one plate a time. She has appeared on shows such as Masterchef, Travel Channel’s Best in Food as well as Food Network’s Supermarket Stakeout where she won the grand prize and title of Supermarket Stakeout Champion. (11:30 am Center Stage)
- Culinary Demonstration with Deanna “Bomb Chica” Colon, who was raised in an Italian restaurant North of Boston where she learned authentic Italian cuisine in the family restaurant and at home. Early on Deanna discovered her talents for music, so at 18, cooking took a backseat. She was awarded a full tuition scholarship to Berklee College of Music. Deanna is an entertaining dynamo! Whether on stage or on a plate, She Cooks. She Sings. She Entertains. (1:00 pm – Center Stage)
There are seven workshops throughout the three days of the event covering battling inflation costs, negotiating leases, marketing, selecting winning talent, building customer loyalty, starting a successful restaurant, and delivering a better customer experience. Each workshop is $99 if purchased prior to the August 27. On-site rates are $129 per workshop. The trade show and conference will take place Sunday, August 28 through Tuesday, August 30 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Registration is now open at www.westernfoodexpo.com.
The Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo is owned by Clarion Events Food & Beverage Group and sponsored by the California Restaurant Association. Clarion Events (us.clarionevents.com) produces 37 events across thirteen sectors of both trade and consumer events. The Clarion Events Food & Beverage Group also includes the Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show, the International Restaurant & Foodservice Show of New York, Coffee Fest and The NGA Show. Clarion Events acquired PennWell in early 2018, bringing 4 Tradeshow 200 events into the U.S. portfolio and super-charging the already rapid growth. Clarion Events has offices in Trumbull, CT; Kennesaw, GA; Boca Raton, FL; Tacoma, WA, and Fairlawn, NJ.