(EXPERIENCE MAGAZINE) — Santa Monica, CA — November 16th, 2023 WestEdge Design Fair, the West Coast’s premier contemporary design fair, returned to Santa Monica’s Barker Hangar from November 16-18, 2023 for the first time since 2019. Celebrating its eighth year and relaunching post-pandemic, guests had the opportunity to experience the latest in design and furnishings featuring a highly-curated selection of domestic and international manufacturers as well as independent designers and makers.
The WestEdge Design Fair welcomed thousands of design professionals and enthusiasts from the industry’s leading established and up-and-coming brands. Offering furniture, lighting, art, kitchen, bath and more, WestEdge Design Fair brought together over 175 brands from across the globe for an immersive experience set in Santa Monica’s Barker Hangar. Attendees listened to many speakers. They saw culinary and mixology demonstrations. There were various meet-and-greets with notable design influencers over the course of the three-day event.
“We have been eagerly anticipating this year’s return, and are ready to welcome guests to our immersive celebration of creativity, innovation, and the power of design,” said WestEdge co-founder, Megan Reilly. “We look forward to seeing our returning and new exhibitors showcasing impeccable goods, making sure attendees are inspired, no matter how large or small their next design project might be.”
Highlights for this year’s event include:
- MADE:MODERN, a curated section of the fair showcasing independent designers, makers and artists with one-of-a-kind furniture, lighting and accent offerings with exhibitors including Art’s Tree House, Black Crow Studios, Buzzell Studios, CarbonShack, Ever Atelier, whyrHymer and dozens more.
- The PIRCH Culinary Pavilion offers daily demonstrations and samplings Including a Thanksgiving wine pairings seminar and a “Taste of Italian Cuisine” series.
- WestEdge XTERIORS offering an outdoor portion of the fair and showcasing the latest in outdoor design from outdoor furnishings and kitchens/grills, to outdoor saunas and more.
- WestEdge ‘Convo By Design’ Theater offers attendees two days of panel talks, industry forums and engaging conversations filled with education and inspiration on a variety of topics.
- The IIDA/WestEdge Design Fair Booth Awards where the International Interior Design Association (IIDA) is teaming up with WestEdge to launch two new design competitions. Exhibitors can enter now for product awards and/or booth awards by October 26 with winners announced at an Awards Presentation on-site.