Los Angeles Times “THE TASTE” returned to Paramount Studios from September 1 though 3.
All types of foodies enjoyed unlimited tastings from LA’s best food, variety of wines, beer and cocktails, and cooking demos and seminars.
There were 5 events:
- Opening Night: An intimate soiree featuring tastings and a chance to party with participating chefs and and mixologists, including Hatchet Hall, Georgie and Little Fatty.
- Field to Fork: Learn farmers market tips and tricks through cooking demos with Amy Scattergood, Times Food Editor, and Sang Yoon, Chef/Owner of Father’s Office.
- Dinner with a Twist: Get ready for a night of various food and drink pairings showcased by local writers and chefs.
- Sunday Block Party: Brunch and pastries. Enough said.
- Flavors of L.A.: Hosted by Jonathan Gold, this event will feature the diverse nature of the L.A. food scene with demos of unique dishes and flavors.
The Last day of THE TASTE “Flavors of LA”, we ran into Danny Trejo (TREJO’s TACOS/CANTINA/COFFEE & DONUTS), he was on the LA TIMES Culinary Stage and was interviewed by Jonathan Gold (LA TIMES).
I have a weakness for sweets and I found Italian donuts ( Bombolone)! The Bevery Hilton was offering Italian appetizer Bruschetta and dessert Bomboloni (Vanilla and Nutella filling), I had to try both Vanilla and Nutella. Soft and creamy. Very nice presentation as well.
I liked the food from Chez Tex, it was Vegetarian Paella. I love eating and also l enjoy the presentation of the food. The food from The Ritz-Carlton and Sweetfin did a great job on that! Yes, the taste was as beautiful as the presentation.
I realized that a lot of participant restaurants offered the food for vegetarians and vegans, vegan has been trendy and going mainstream. Kobee Factory’s dish was hearty taste and very flavorful. I’ve never had Ethiopian food and I was able to taste 5 samples from Meals by Genet. I would say it was unique flavor. I really enjoyed Vegetarian/Vegan food!
So many tasting through the event! These are the food and drink that attracted a lot of people at Flavors of LA: Bulgarini Gelato, Frankland’s Crab & Co., Gus’s World Famous Fried Chicken, Luv2Eat Thai Bistro and Exotico Tequila.
So much great food and drinks, and so much fun. If you missed this year, make sure to check it out in 2018!